Monday 18 April 2011

drift...

 I checked the wind on internet in the afternoon. It looked not so good. But I decided to go kiting because I know if I don't go I just think about wind and I cannot concentrate any other things...

 When I arrived the beach, I saw many flying kites.
-This is Tatsuta beach, Kiso river. 1.5 hours from my home. Most of the time I do kiting here in summer.

Although it looked not so windy... about 10knots. So, I pumped my Crossbow 13m and went out on race board. I know this river is not wide enough for racing. I just practiced tack and jibe. It's better than I can't stay up wind.
 After about 1 hour, wind was dropping down. But I was still riding then. Unfortunately I dropped my kite opposite side of the river. There's no beach when it's high tide. What the hell... tide was coming then. It means so fast current from upwind to downwind. I tried to re-launch but I couldn't. I drifted! So, I was resigned to lying on the kite and using it like a sail. At last I got to the beach so far from the place I was. I felt blue.... But luckily my kindly friend came by car and picked me up there. It was great!
 I guess I'm gonna never use race board here this river. Come to think of it, I lost my board when I drifted. Therefore my another friend picked it up by SUP. Well, I have to help his school next time!
 Anyway thank you so much!! It'll never happen again.

No comments:

Post a Comment